9 Reasons To Blog if You Are a Writer, Artist, Traveler or Foodie


1.   Blogging gives you the perfect excuse to go out and find fun things to do, create, see and eat... as in "I need to eat chocolate so I can review it on my blog."

2.   Blogging is a great way to find your "tribe"... to find people who love doing the same things you love to do.

3.   Blogging helps you to attract an audience and eventually can turn them into fans, customers, colleagues, friends.

4.   Blogging allows you to tell your story.

5.   Blogging can establish your expertise, skill and authority in a subject.

6.   If you are a writer or artist, blogging will make you more visible to book publishers, art directors and galleries.

7.   Start doing the things you really love to do in life.  I started blogging to find my smile again after a couple of very difficult years. Now I blog to remind myself to keep doing the things that "make me come alive."

8.   Become a source of influence. Yes blogs can change the world.

9.   Make a little extra cash.